(1) Molonglo High Plains
This is one of the oldest physical landscapes known and researched. The area is dominated by the Molonglo River and its tributaries. To the east is the mountain wilderness of the Talagada, the old volcano Palerang and the localities of Rossi and Forbes Creek. To the west, farmlands and the locality of Hoskinstown, including a number of ruins.
Overview: Locality *, Ancient History of the Area *
* These were originally prepared as one page leaflets for distribution by the local landcare group.
East: Talaganda Forest
In the east, mountains, largely encompassed by the Talaganda Forest.
Bombay Fire Trail
Bombay Fire Trail
To the west, the High Plains are home to a range of strong large-scale and small- scale farming ventures. It has seen a number of important landcare initiatives. It is home to a number of scientific and defense establishments.
Molonglo Observatory Synthesis Telescope
Ruins: Near I, Near II, Further Away
Small Farming (last heading)
The Deua is a vast wilderness area in South Eastern Australia. From its high Western escarpment, it drops away into deep valleys. From the heights it resembles a vast sunken area, punctuated by mountain peaks and covered by ancient forests.
- The Northern Reaches (inc Shoalhaven, The Big Hole, Marble Arch)
- The Southern Reaches - the Tuross Cascades
The Braidwood District
Between the coast and the Molonglo High Plains is the Braidwood District. Once the local administrative capital of the area, until recently Braidwood had become a backwater. Today it is poised on the edge of new growth - with impressive agriculture potential and rugged wilderness, forestry and park areas. There are old mining towns and homesteads.
Rise out of the Michelago Valley - a haunt for bushrangers.
(3) The Goulburn District
(4) Ulladulla and Milton District
(5) Turpentine Range
(7) Australian Capital Territory
- War Memorial: Practice War No More, Aircraft Hall
- Murrumbidgee River - at Corree
- Murrumbidgee River - at Uriarra
- Great Ocean Road (South Western Coast): Twelve Apostles, Otway Cape, AngleSea
- Gippsland (South Eastern Coast): Corrigans Beach, Mallacoota